Dec 5, 2013
Why & When to use NodeJS?Ever wonder how to decide when to use NodeJS? And why to use NodeJS?
WhyHere is a list :-
1. NodeJS is Super-fast (and Super cool too).
2. It is very lightweight.
3. Easy to configure.
4. Lots of modules available for free.
5. Using NodeJs you can create a server with few lines of code.
6. It is 90% faster than PHP Its event based single threaded non-blocking i/o model scales very well.
7. Using NodeJs, You can develop the application using a same language both on the client and server sides, This can save development time.
8. Is event-based so all the wonderful Ajax like stuff can be done on the server side.
When1. When you'd like to maintain a persistent connection from the browser back to the server. (Called "long-polling")
2. When you'll be reusing a lot of code across the client/server side.
3. When developing real-time applications: online games, analytics, chat rooms, or anything where results should be displayed immediately, without a page refresh.
4. When server side code requires very less cpu cycle, non blocking operation and does not have heavy algorithm which consumes lots of CPU cycle.
Check full NodeJs course here. Learning NodeJs
If anything helps, feel free to buy me a beer.
By : Motyar+ @motyar