Motyar

@motyar

Freelance Web Developer

Static Web Hosting, made easy

Jul 29, 2011

Moving towards mobile development

Yes! I am planing to start development for mobile phones. In free time, I am surfing, reading and learning about things that can help me to decide about platform and technique.

Today I got time to learn few things about Nokia's Symbian Web Runtime (WRT) technology. Its a platform for creating widgets for Symbian mobile devices. Widgets are lightweight applications that use Web technology but are installed directly like an app on the mobile device.

Its very easy to create your first WRT widget. You just have to write few files and JS code and ZIP them, and just before installation rename ".zip" to ".wgz".

I developed an online tool to create WRT widget. You just have to enter lit information and click "Make" to create your application.

Labels: , , ,




By :