1. Larry Page
is an American computer scientist and industrialist, who co-founded Google Inc., along with Sergey Brin. They are often known together as the "Google Guys". more..
2. Sergey Brinco-founder of Google, Inc. more..
3. Tim Berners Lee
is a British engineer and computer scientist and MIT professor credited with inventing the World Wide Web, making the first proposal for it in March 1989. On 25 December 1990, with the help of Robert Cailliau and a young student at CERN, he implemented the first successful communication between an HTTP client and server via the Internet. more..
4. Matt MullenwegWordPress and writes a popular blog ma.tt more...
5. Rasmus Lerdorf
is a Danish programmer with Canadian citizenship and is most notable as the creator of the PHP programming language. more...
6. James GoslingJava programming language. more..
7. Linus TorvaldsLinux kernel and git revision control system. more..
8. Dennis RitchieC and other programming languages, and on operating systems such as Multics and Unix. more..
9. Bjarne StroustrupC++ programming language. He is currently Professor and holder of the College of Engineering Chair in Computer Science at the Texas A&M University. more..
10.Bram Cohen(P2P) BitTorrent protocol, as well as the first file sharing program to use the protocol, also known as BitTorrent. more..
11. Larry WallPerl programming language in 1987. more..
12. Guido van RossumPython programming language. more...
13. David Heinemeier HanssonRuby on Rails web development framework and the Instiki wiki. more...
14. Yukihiro MatsumotoRuby programming language and its reference implementation, Matz's Ruby Interpreter (MRI). more..
above the other simply because they are the true legends
And please don't take the numbering as "Ranking".